Doctor insights on:
Can A Pap Smear Detect Endometriosis
Not necessarily: There is a blood test for herpes and if you wish to know if you have been infected with Herpes 1 and or 2, ask your doctor for the blood test. For good health- Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine. ...Read more
Of the cervix: That is the purpose of a pap. ...Read more
No: The pap smear tests for abnormal cells in the cervix. Sometimes we see cells that shed from the endometrium or fallopian tubes that exit through the cervix, but ovarian cells or tissues are not normally present. Ovarian cysts are usually diagnosed by ultrasound or seen by your doctor and removed for diagnosis during a laparoscopy. ...Read more
Yes: The best way to make a diagnosis of trichomonas is by collecting a sample of discharge in saline and looking at it under the microscope. The doctor can easily identify the moving trichomonads. When they are dried on a pap smear, they can be confused with vaginal cells. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pap smears detect pregnancy?
- Can pap smears detect herpes?
- What can pap smears detect?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a pap smear detect pregnancy?
- Can a pap smear detect herpes?
- Can a pap smear detect hiv?
- Can a pap smear detect std?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free