Doctor insights on:
Can A Mother With Lupus Pass It On To Her Child
Not directly: A pregnant mother can not pass lupus to her unborn baby., and it is not directly inherited like other genetic diseases. ...Read more
No: There is no evidence linking the two issues. ...Read more
No: The two issues are unrelated.Get a more detailed answer ›
Low: Per the lupus foundation, if a parent has lupus, the chance of a child having lupus is 5%. ...Read more
Fairly low: Systemic lupus erythematosus is a complex genetic disease meaning that there are many genes that may affect risk(over 80 known so far) and only a handful of these genes is likely to have a change that increase risk for lupus in any one person. An environmental component is also a major factor (often virus or other unknown triggers),In identical twins, if one has lupus most often the other doesn't. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Type of lupus: What type of Lupus does she have. There are many types and each one has specific therapy. Also people with lupus can have multiple different types of manifestations and each of these manifestations are treated in different ways. Also different rheumatologisst may treat the same manifestation in different ways because different treatment will work. Have her bring you to her next visit. ...Read more
Not enough info: There is no one best med for lupus although Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) is usually given to almost all who have systemic lupus. You give no specific information about her disease and therefore cannot receive a specific answer. You should be asking that question to the doctors who treat her. ...Read more
Have her: Have her check out the lupus foundation on online. They have great support groups and educational materials to help. ...Read more
Dr.S says I have pos ANA but can’t find reason why. My mother has lupus & pos ana. Could my ANA result simply be inherited by her (w/out disease)?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a mother vaccinated against hep b pass the antibodies on to an unborn child?
- Can lupus be passed on to your children?
- A mother breastfeeding her baby
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i heal my childs eczema on her face?
- Can my child watch tv after getting her eyes dilated?
- My mother had a femoral bypass how can i take care of her
- My mother have pain and a burning in her leg what can she do in her left leg
- Talk to a pediatrician online