Doctor insights on:
Can A Man Have Bacterial Vaginosis
Women only: Bacterial vaginosis (bv) is characterized by disruption of the normal vaginal flora. Present in about 29% of us women of reproductive age, BV is one of the most common causes of vaginal symptoms.1, 2 in addition to symptomatic irritation and a potentially increased risk for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections, BV is associated with a variety of adverse reproductive health outcomes. ...Read more
If a woman is diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis does the male partner have to be treated as well?can men get BV and pass it back to the female?
BV: Men are almost never symptomatically infected by the organisms usually responsible for BV, but the skin of the penis can become contaminated with these bacteria and then they can be transmitted back to their sexual partner after she has been treated. It would help for the man to use a topical antibacterial substance while their female partner is being treated. ...Read more
Yes: Yes and yes. See your gyn for treatment. ...Read more
BV: This is not considered to be a sexually transmitted disease, but there is data showing that the bacteria colonizing the skin of the penis can be those obtained from a sexual partner and transmitted back to them after treatment. If you have a partner with multiple contacts BV is the least of concerns. Make sure you are tested for all STDs. ...Read more
Multiple: Std's or sexually transmitted diseases, are diseases transmitted through sexual contact. Examples are gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, hiv, hepatitis c, genital warts, and genital herpes. Bacterial vaginosis is a condition caused by an overabundance of anaerobic bacteria in the vagina. Symptoms can include a watery, foul or fishy smelling discharge and/or vaginal irritation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When being treated for bacterial vaginosis can you still have intercourse
- Can bacterial vaginosis cause infertility?
- Can azithromycin cuase bacterial vaginosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you use clarithromycin for bacterial vaginosis?
- Can untreated bacterial vaginosis cause heart problems?
- Can drinking wine cause bacterial vaginosis?
- Can bacterial vaginosis cause you to become infertile?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free