Doctor insights on:
Can A Iud Get Lost In You While You Have It
Yes: Very uncommon but an iud can perforate the uteriine wall and end up inside the abdominal cavity. An iud can be expelled by the uterus and may come out on the back of a tampon without the persons knowledge. Learning to check for iud string position and presence is very helpful but if in doubt, a professional evaluation is warrented. ...Read more
Unlikely: Your boyfriend may feel the iud string during intercourse but it is unlikely it will hurt him if it is put in correctly. Sometimes the iud string can be trimmed a little if intercourse is uncomfortable. ...Read more
Like a pap smear: You provider (usually your ob/gyn) will place a speculum into the vagina (this part feels like 'getting a pap smear'), then if the strings are visible (usually) they are gently grasped with a forceps and pulled gently. It typically causes some mild cramping, that lasts for a little while. Usually Ibuprofen takes care of the cramping. If the strings arent' visible, there is a device ur gyn wil have. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get pregnant with an iud?
- Can you get pregnant on mirena iud?
- Can you get pregnant while having a period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get pregnant while bleeding after having a baby?
- Can you get pregnant while having a yeast infection?
- Can you get pregnant while you have your period?
- Can you get pregnant while breastfeeding without having a period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free