Doctor insights on:
Can A Hysterectomy Cause Hypothyroidism
Hemoglobin 12, ferritin 7. 41 year old female. Hysterectomy 9 years ago. What could cause the low ferritin? Other medical conditions: hypothyroid, dia
Blood tests: There are a few diseases that leap out from blood tests. Most of the time, however, blood tests don't tell the doctor much on their own. These results fall into the second group, not very specific. Low ferritin is not nearly as worrisome as high ferritin.
I had a partial hysterectomy 3 1/2 weeks ago. I have hypothyroidism also and take a really low does of synthroid (thyroxine). Can my thyroid change?
Likely complex...: Thyroid hormones have complex interactions with many parts of the whole body. Hypothyroidism can lead to hyponatremia or to both SIADH + hyponatremia. Being low in thyroid hormone can somehow lead to the release of anti-diuretic hormone from the pituitary gland, so one gets SIADH and the accompanying excess water in the body.
- Talk to a doctor online
- Hypothyroidism and hysterectomy
- Can hypothyroidism cause itching?
- Can menopause cause hypothyroidism?
- Hypothyroidism and depression
- Can caffeine cause hypothyroidism?
- Can hypothyroidism cause diabetes?
- Can hypothyroidism cause miscarriage?
- Can hypothyroidism cause migraines?
- What can hypothyroidism cause?