Doctor insights on:
Can A Hysterectomy Cause Hypothyroidism
Hemoglobin 12, ferritin 7. 41 year old female. Hysterectomy 9 years ago. What could cause the low ferritin? Other medical conditions: hypothyroid, dia
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
I had a partial hysterectomy 3 1/2 weeks ago. I have hypothyroidism also and take a really low does of synthroid (thyroxine). Can my thyroid change?
Likely complex...: Thyroid hormones have complex interactions with many parts of the whole body. Hypothyroidism can lead to hyponatremia or to both SIADH + hyponatremia. Being low in thyroid hormone can somehow lead to the release of anti-diuretic hormone from the pituitary gland, so one gets SIADH and the accompanying excess water in the body. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hypothyroidism and hysterectomy
- What can hypothyroidism cause?
- Can hypothyroidism cause itching?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hypothyroidism and depression
- Can caffeine cause hypothyroidism?
- Can hypothyroidism cause diabetes?
- Can hypothyroidism cause miscarriage?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free