Doctor insights on:
Can A Hemorrhoid Get Infected
Does using hc 2.5 % cream thin the skin of hemorrhoids, allowing them to pop and get infected? Will neosporin help heal it if applied inside/around?
No: Topical steroids used long term can thin the skin around the anus but won't damage the hemorrhoid. Actually i never use these creams because they don't really do anything that time and avoidance of constipation with fiber doesn't do better. ...Read moreGet help now ›
The veins in the rectum can swell and become puffy when a person has frequent pressure on them from pushing out a bm. This is constipation. The swollen veins can burn, itch, or sometimes become severely painful (from a clot building up inside). Veins in the rectum are called hemorrhoidal veins and the sick, stretched out vein ...Read more
No: The excellent circulation to the rectum and the resulting delivery of infection fighting blood cells make hemorrhoid infections pretty rare. The itching and redness at the rectal opening is often complicated by yeast (monilial) colonization from the bowel. I've found the use of an antifungal (eg Clotrimazole which is over the counter) and some cortisone cream very helpful to get rid of the itch. ...Read moreGet help now ›
I have a ext-hemorrhoid. For 2 weeks . I've been using preperation h for over a week. Now i see a yellow tip on it and yellow pus. Is it infected?
Get help now ›
Get help now ›
My mother, has hemorrhoids of 2 yrs duration , she developed fever 38.3, headache &dizziness, is that infected hemorrhoids or else ?
Not related: C u r pcp & get a firm dx. This would be an unusual presentation 4 hemorroids. ...Read moreGet help now ›
I had a hemorroid, treated but i think is infected now I have 2 little white zits or gains that I have sqeezed and pus comes out, what should I do?
Call your doctor: Who treated your hemorrhoid asap and let them know or go to er. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Not likely: If they get large and prolapse they can be very painful and lead to issues like tissue death. But for most they are a bother. See a surgeon who specializes in them and discuss. ...Read moreGet help now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i get hepatitis c by sharing a toothbrush with an infected individual?
- Picture children rash looks like a boil and is itchy and can get infected
- Can you get hiv from a non infected person?
- Can i get infected by kissing a person with hiv?
- Can a person get his leg amputated because of an infected splinter?
- Can a tattoos get infected and cause a rash like exzema how is this treated?
- Can i get hiv by sharing a soda with an infected friend?
- Can you get rabies from walking barefoot near a possible infected bat?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free