Doctor insights on:
Can A Fall Cause A Stroke
Cause of strokes: Strokes are caused by insufficient blood and oxygen flow to the brain. The common types of stroke are ischemic stroke (when blood flow is impeded) and hemorrhagic stroke (when a broken blood vessel leaks blood into the brain). Most strokes are related to high blood pressure, smoking, diabetes mellitus, high blood cholesterol and atrial fibrillation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Minimal data: There's a report of binge smoking in adolescents who were irregular users of mj, having cerebellar strokes because of the binge. 2 died. There is a report that smoking mj is protective like aspirin. But mj causes vasoconstriction & fluctuations in arterial spasming that may contribute to a stroke in a susceptible person. No good data either way. Best not to smoke anything and mitigate your risks. ...Read more
Clot vs bleeding: There two types of strokes: embolic (clot) vs hemorrhagic (bleed). Clot can come from the heart (more rarely from leg if u have a hole in yr heart), and from a piece breaking off from wall of cartotid arteries. Bleeding is from damage to the vessel or an aneurysm. Risks: smoking, diabetes, high cholesterol/blood pressure, kidney disease, rheumatologic diseases, hivs etc..Consult doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can dehydration cause stroke?
- Can stress cause a stroke?
- Can an aneurysm cause a stroke?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a stroke be caused by stress?
- Can a mva cause a stroke?
- Can a stroke cause a coma?
- Can viagra cause a stroke?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free