Doctor insights on:
Can A Concussion Cause Hot Flashes Messed Up Cycles
Yes yes: Concussion, now more properly known as mild traumatic brain injury, can disturb hormonal regulation via the hypothalamic-pituitary axis as well as disruption of proper functioning of the autonomic nervous system. Regulation may be difficult and usually is only symptomatic, ie not truly reversible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a non-sports (car) concussion since before Christmas. I worry that incidences of hot flashes are able to cause brain damage. Are they harmful?
Variable: In my experience, which i admit may be skewed, hormone balances are the most common reason for hot flashes. However, there are several other possibilities for hot flashes in women. See a doctor for evaluation if they are bothersome or accompanied by other quality of life symptoms. ...Read more
Ovarian Failure: Hot flashes could be a sign of thyroid disease. It may also not be related to your hormones at all. However the diagnosis that is important to rule out is ovarian failure. That has extreme reproductive and medical consequences if not diagnosed. You will want to see your obgyn or fertility specialist to make sure that is not happening. ...Read more
Not typically: Hot flashes are common at your age and are related to a decrease in estrogen production by your ovaries which leads to instability of the 'thermoregulatory' center of your brain. This leads to spontaneous peripheral vasodilation and the resultant 'hot flash'. They are not usually associated with ovarian cysts or the hormones that they produce. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a concussion cause you to feel hot flashes?
- Can ovarian cysts mess up your cycle?
- Can thyroid supplements mess up menstrual cycle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can antibiotics mess up your menstrual cycle?
- Can messing up birth control cause pregnancy?
- Can a thyroid infection mess up your menstrual cycle?
- Can anti seizure medication mess up your menstrual cycle?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free