Doctor insights on:
Can A Complete Blood Count Tell You If You Have Mono
No, but: A blood count can tell if you have an abnormal counts of the cells of the blood (white cells, red cells and platelets). One or all can be lower with mono. However, even if you have an abnormal blood count and the right symptoms, you should have the monospot test done to confirm. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Share on twitter bookmark & share printer-friendly version a complete blood count (CBC) test measures the following: •the number of red blood cells (rbc count) •the number of white blood cells (wbc count) •the total amount of hemoglobin in the blood •the fraction of the blood composed of ...Read more
Not important: Is your diagnosis of infectious mono correct? Because high monocytes can represent a variety of other diseases also. If you had lab proven infectious mono, the monocytes stay up for 4-8 weeks but that is not important. If you are worried re infecting others, the + igm of ebv is what determines if you can infect someone else and that may stay up up to 18 months. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood count: Complete blood count is a very powerful information on many counts.It tells if you have anemia-if so what kind.For example iron deficiency or folate/b12 deficiency.It tells if you have infection then the white cell count goes up.It informs us of platelet deficiency or excess(as seen in certain cancers)-both very dangerous.It also gives a clue to leukemia and some kinds of thallasemias. ...Read more
Infectious mononucleosis is also known as Mono. Infectious mononucleosis is an infectious illness caused by a virus, called Ebstein Barr virus. Symptoms include fever, fatigue, sore throat, enlarged lymph nodes, and enlarged spleen. It is spread via saliva, hence its ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if you have a blood clot in legs?
- How can u tell if you have a blood clot?
- Can a blood test tell if you have cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell if you have a blood infection?
- Can a doctor tell if you have had an abortion?
- How can you tell if you have a cut in your mouth or herpes?
- How can a ct scan tell if you have a kidney stone or cancer or something else?
- Talk to a pediatrician online