Doctor insights on:
Can A Colonoscopy Prep Cause Colitis
Can a colonoscopy prep cause irritation in the colon in the internal rectum that looks exactly like Ulcerative Colitis when the pictures are taken.
After drinking the colonoscopy prep can that cause leg pain or cramping in the legs. I just had a colonoscopy yesterday. I'm concerned.
Leg cramps: answer is yes. preparation may cause electrolyte imbalance . drink a lot of juice ...Read more
Unlikely: Colonoscopy is a tool to look at the inside of the colon for polyps, cancers, ulcerations, inflammation or other disorders. Colonoscopy uses a flexible telescope with a fiber optic light source. Colitis is inflammation of the colon, it would be hard to link how a colonoscopy would cause colitis. ...Read more
Few bouts of bloody diarrhea (new). Stool culture & EGD neg. Colonoscopy biopsy (nonspecific colitis). IBD lab pos. for Crohn's. Cause ideas?
It is : Possible but not recommended. A clear liquid is anything you can see through and most yogurts I have seen are not clear! ...Read more
Possibly: The prep called GoLytly is polyethelyne glycol which when ingested causes an outpouring of body fluid into the GI tract which can lead to dehydration. It is more important to have a bland diet without roughage several days before and use a Fleet enema to clean the distal colon. A clean colon is the important issue and not the total use of oral meds to clean out the bowel. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a colonoscopy procedure cause severe hip and leg pain?
- Can a colonoscopy cause an inflamed gall bladder?
- Can anyone suggest help with a colonoscopy prep gagging?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can augmentin cause a period?
- Can a goiter cause headaches?
- Can a virus cause back pain?
- Can a tick bite cause lupus?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free