Doctor insights on:
Can A Child Get Severely Sick If He Swallows A Nicotine Gum Tablet
Maybe: Depends on the dose that is ingested and the size of the child. Having said that, children who ingest only one dose are unlikely to have any major issues or side effects. Still, any time a child ingests anything a caretaker should immediately call poison control to assess the situation and get recommendations. 1-800-222-1222. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Same place that you: got the free cigarettes. There are some low-cost smoking cessation programs that are publicly sponsored that may offer smoking cessation medications, including gum, lozenges or patches, at low or little cost. However, even if you cannot get them free, the trade-off for what you are already spending on tobacco, and the savings to your health and longer lifespan, are well worth whatever it costs. ...Read more
Better than smoking: Nicotine gum does not increase your risk for cancer. But nicotine can increase your blood pressure. If you look at the big picture, it would be healthier choice to stay on nicotine gum instead of smoking though. Remember your support. Check out phone help at 1-800-quitnow, texting support, and more at www.Smokefree.Gov congrats on making great changes! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No pretty gum: Trace amounts of nicotine can be detected in blood and urine for several hours, but it should be gone by 48 hours. However, if you are being tested for nicotine, there is a metabolite of nicotine, called cotinine, which can be detected in blood or urine for as long as 7 to 10 days after your last exposure to nicotine. ...Read more
Much less than: smoking tobacco. Nicotine is thought to be the culprit behind cardiovascular disease in smokers, so taking in nicotine by any route, whether nicotine in combusted tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco or nicotine gum, patches, lozenges etc., over a long period of time, could have some risks. However, it is almost certainly less harmful than continuing to smoke cigarettes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a child get mumps if he had the shot as a baby?
- Is it dangerous for my child to get a vaccine if he is sick?
- If a guy pulls out before he ejaculates can you get pregnant
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get pregnant if he has a vasectomy?
- Can my child get the flu vaccine if she has a runny nose?
- Can you get lead poisoning from a pencil if your child accidently pricked himself?
- Can a man still get satisfaction if he has erectile dysfunction?
- Talk to a pediatrician online