Doctor insights on:
Can A Broken Ankle Lead To Ankle Arthritis In The Future
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
Compensation: Your body compensates for the ankle pain by changing where the major of force impacts the ankle joint, which leads to further joint destruction over time in the foot joints. You also have different pressure points (a change in normal pressure locations) in the ankle joint which causes further arthritis to develop within the ankle. ...Read more
Symptoms: Like pain while walking or placing the ankle thru range of motion, or possibly swelling to the region. There are generally 2 types of arthritis inflammatory and degenerative. So, if symptomatic you should visit the doctor who may decide to order an x-ray or possibly an MRI to figure out exactly whats wrong and to formulate a treatment plan for you.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can boils lead to rheumatoid arthritis?
- Can you move a broken ankle?
- Can i walk on a broken ankle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a vitamin d deficiency lead to rheumatoid arthritis?
- Can lead paint cause rheumatoid arthritis?
- Can you have a broken ankle without swelling?
- Can you walk on a broken ankle without pain?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free