Doctor insights on:
Can A Broken Ankle Lead To Ankle Arthritis In The Future
Broken ankle is also known as Ankle fracture. Ankle fracture describe a break or fracture of any of the bones of the ankle. This can be caused by falls, trauma, or twisting of the ankle. Patients with ankle fractures experience pain and swelling of the foot, and have difficulty bearing any weight ...Read more
Symptoms: Like pain while walking or placing the ankle thru range of motion, or possibly swelling to the region. There are generally 2 types of arthritis inflammatory and degenerative. So, if symptomatic you should visit the doctor who may decide to order an x-ray or possibly an MRI to figure out exactly whats wrong and to formulate a treatment plan for you.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Arthritis in any joint should be exercised primarily through stretching or "range of motion" exercises. For the ankle, i encourage patients to improve their range of motion by dorsi-flexing (toes towards you) and plantar-flexing (toes pointing away from you.) additionally, making clockwise and counter-clockwise circles with your toes also helps. Remember, "motion is lotion." always keep moving! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get a cortisone shot in the ankle?
- Can a mastectomy with lymph node removal lead to intense itching in the arms?
- Are the plates and screws used to fix a broken ankle permanent?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- The best vitamins to take for a broken ankle torn ligaments
- Is there anyway to brace a broken ankle so i can still dance?
- What are some good exercises i can do if i have broken my ankle to keep in shape?
- Can terrible pain from a pulled muscle in the chest lead to a heart attack?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free