Doctor insights on:
Diagnosing A Blighted Ovum
Analysis: analyhze the remains of miscarriageGet a more detailed answer ›
Depends on testing: A blighted ovum means that that portion of the embryo that was to become the baby did not develop properly, but the portion that was to become the placenta did. So you have rising hormone levels and even a gestational sac in the uterus, but the sac is 'empty'. Older women with poor egg quality have higher chances of blighted pregnancy. If there is no genetic issue with you, then <15% chance. ...Read more
Certainly possible: It would be difficult to give you a number or a percent chance. Blighted ovums and early miscarriage are just very common. Unfortunately it can happen again. Assuming you have no medical issues though a normal healthy pregnancy is statistically more likely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you blighted ovum?
- Can you blighted ovum quickly?
- Can a blighted ovum happen twice?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Blighted ovum
- Can smoking weed cause a blighted ovum pregnancy?
- Can genital herpes lead to a blighted ovum?
- Treatment for recurrent blighted ovum
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free