Doctor insights on:
Can A Benign Adrenal Tumor Cause Weight Gain
The adrenal gland has a medullary center producing adrenaline like products and a cortex producing cortisone. Majority of lesions are asymptomatic represented by small adenomas that usually can be left behind. Cortical lesions can present as large pheochromocytomas that may be functional with severe hypertenision. Cortical tumors may ...Read more
Mostly NO: I see many people who take in over 500 calories a day in just soda. NOT taking that much in helps. On the other hand, The New York Times science analysis reviewed diet soda components in the medical literature and found that the expectation of calories when you drink makes you hungry if you don't get any sugar. You'd still have to eat to gain weight though ...Read more
"tumor" literally translates as "mass", so even a fresh bruise could be called a "tumor". Doctors use the term "neoplasm" (tranlates literally as new growth) to describe tumors that are abnormal growths of cells. These may be benign or malignant; "malignant" = cancer. In everyday usage, we use "tumor" ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Benign adrenal tumor symptoms
- How can doctors tell if an adrenal tumor is benign or malignant?
- Benign tumor on adrenal gland symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can benign tumors grow?
- Can benign tumors spread?
- Causes of benign tumors
- Adrenal glands and weight gain
- Talk to a pediatrician online