Doctor insights on:
Can A Bacterial Infection Cause Itching
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Unlikely serious: Yeast associated problems in otherwise healthy individuals are usually just unpleasant like itching & soreness. Can be transmitted sexually which can cause relationship problems. More commonly problem in diabetics. Serious medical problems can occur in immunocompromised subjects, but not in healthy individuals.. ...Read more
Several factors: Several factors can cause a yeast infections- 1. Local balance of normal flora is disrupted, typically from the recent use of antibiotics; 2. Impaired immunity- this may be due to steroid use or having other illnesses such as diabetes or hiv; 3. Misdiagnosis of symptoms in the absence of yeast from testing- adverse drug effects can be mistaken as a yeast infection. ...Read more
No: These types of infections should not. See your gyn. ...Read more
Rarely: Yeast infections usually only grow on the surface of mucous membranes (mouth, throat, vagina) ; skin. Rarely, they can migrate up the urethra ; cause bladder infection in wh/case you might have cramping. Persons on peritoneal dialysis can get yeast peritonitis ; they would have cramping. A intra-abdominal infection w/yeast (post surgery; bowel spill) may have cramps. Otherwise its uncommon. ...Read more
Yes: A vaginal yeast infection is caused by the fungus candida.Your vagina naturally contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria.But disruption of the healthy balance can result in an overgrowth of yeast.A yeast infection can be sexually transmitted, especially through oral-genital sexual contact. However, yeast infection isn't considered a sexually transmitted infection. Hope this helped :]. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a bacterial infection cause bleeding?
- Can bacterial infection cause gastrointestinal fistula?
- Can erythema multiforme be caused by viral or bacterial infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can bacterial infection cause gallbladder disease?
- Can a bacterial infection in the spine cause numbness in the fingers?
- Can h pylori bacterial infections cause malabsorption?
- Can a bacterial infection cause a missed period?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free