Doctor insights on:
Can A Baby Cry Themselves To Death
Crying in infancy is described as a loud, high-pitched sound made by infants in response to certain situations. Infants have a cry reflex that is a normal response to some stimuli, such as pain or hunger. Older children and adults cry for emotional reasons such as pain, fear, sadness, or frustration. Premature infants may not have a cry reflex, so they must be monitored closely for signs ...Read more
Accept and nurture: Babies cry to get basic needs met early & later cry in tantrums & responding to negative events.Nurturing does not create a cry baby.The kid who stubs his toe will cry loud & briefly, settle & return to play. The parent who tells him to stop crying invalidates his decision that it hurt & degrades his self worth.Try to strike a balance accepting the valid cry & rejecting the self indulgent whining. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes but depends: If you are at the "end of your rope" feeling, absolutely put your baby in a safe place (crib) and walk away, decompress, call for backup from others if available. Check for reasons: hungry, needs to burp, too hot (too many clothes), has a documented fever, diaper change, threads or hair caught on fingers, toes, penis (completely strip baby down to check), signs of illness - call the doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Baby 8mos has been pushing up on all fours & rocking back & forth for 2mos, he does this for 10 min or so then starts whining then cry if not pick up?
Something to say..: Babies cry to communicate. It may be a need - i'm hungry, cold, wet, gassy. Or it may be to get your attention, especially as they begin to realize there are people who love and hug them when they "communicate" with an attention getting cry. It's their way of sending you a signal, because they haven't mastered the phrase "change my diaper, it's full of poo" or "mommy i love you and i need a hug". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can ammonia in a left lung cause to a 2 year old baby?
- What can you put on a blister in your mouth to relieve pain baby orajel?
- Can you bleed to death from a nose bleed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a sinus infection cause a baby to have yellow eyes?
- What can i do to help my baby sleep when he has a cold?
- How many months does a baby have to be before you can hold them on your menstral?
- Can a baby be allergic to some brand of diapers?
- What can i do for my baby to not become a cry baby?