Doctor insights on:
Can A Baby Bend A Broken Finger
Broken finger 2+ months ago. Ring finger at the tip. Splinted for 3 weeks. Still hurts to bend all the way or pinch with it. Should it still hurt? Why
Joknt: It does take some time to heal of course. However, an x-ray should demonstrate whether or not the fracture is healing, healed, or involves the joint. If its not healed or involves the joint it could still be painful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain, swelling, loss: Of motion, deviation, rotation, stiffness, throbbing, numbness, discoloration, tightness all can be symptoms of a finger fracture. If one suspects a fracture, then elevation, ice , splinting and urgent evaluation is needed as many seemingly simple fractures in the hand require a detailed understanding of what to do to optimize healing and return of function. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
6-8 weeks: Most finger fractures heal by 6/8 weeks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See hand surgeon: Many finger fractures are successfully treated with splints or casts. Some are more complicated and best treated with surgery. It is best to see a hand surgeon early to ensure correct diagnosis and optimal treatment plan. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Deformity, arthritis: Most fractures heal. The question is do they heal without deformity? When they involve a joint and are offset(displaced) they can lead to altered motion and arthritis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do for a broken finger that did not heal right?
- When can you go back to normal activities after a broken finger
- How can i get a broken needle out of my finger?
- What can you do for a broken pinky finger?
- Can you still move a broken finger?
- Exercises to help bend a broken finger
- How can you help heel a jammed or broken finger?
- Can you move a broken finger?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free