Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Montelukast With Piriton
Depends: Zyrtec or Cetirizine is a new generation antihistamine for the treatment of allergic rhinitis and hives. It has very few side effects and drug interactions. I suggest avoiding drinking alcohol while taking zyrtec. If zyrtec is not controlling allergies, the nasal steroid sprays are the most effective treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Only if you need all of them. ...Read more
NOT recommended: Buscopan (hyoscine/scopolamine butylbromide, ) is a type of medicine called an antispasmodic (peripherally acting antimuscarinic-anticholinergic). It is used to relieve irritable bowel symptoms or 'abdominal cramps' . Buscopan can 'potentiate' (or increase) anti-cholinergic affects of anti-histamines so it not recommended to take at the same time. ...Read more
Not recommended: Piriton (chlorpheramine) and fexofenadine are both antihistamines so taking both would not really help you. Taking both would effectively increase the side effects of antihistamines, in this case drowsiness/ sedation, constipation, mucosal dryness, and mood irritability. Please see a healthcare provider to help with your urticaria problem. ...Read more
Increased sedation: Piriton is a brand name for chlorphenamine maleate aka Chlorpheniramine Maleate a classical antihistamine whose major adverse effect is drowsiness & prolonged reaction time. Other side-effects include constipation & in older men, urinary retention. Cetirizine (zyrtec) has the same side-effect profile. The combination will enhance these adverse effects. Take only with a physician's supervision. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take fexofenadine in the morning and piriton at night?
- Can i take two montelukast pills a day?
- Can i take ritalin with zyrtec and montelukast?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can children take piriton with amoxicillin?
- Can u take piriton and cetirizine?
- Can you take montelukast with zyrtec?
- Can you take fexofenadine and piriton tablets?
- Can i take piriton and fexofenadine?