Doctor insights on:
Can I Swim With A Burst Eardrum
Not painful: A perforated ear drum usually is not associated with pain unless you have a middle ear infection. Also there are sensory nerves innervating the middle ear mucosa and depending on the size of the perforation, air from the outside may irritate these nerves and cause pain. If the perforation is more than 4-5 mm. Surgery can help. But when you say burst, it could be a tear and may heal on its own. ...Read more
Burst eardrum: = ruptured tympanic membrane.Get a more detailed answer ›
Can you tell me if a burst eardrum is very painful. But how does does this actually affect hearing?
Yes: Yes, the damage is already done.Get a more detailed answer ›
Good evening, I'm busy baby sitting my 9 year old nephew and he was at the doctors today as he burst eardrum. Lots of blood leaking. Is this normal?
Burst eardrum : Yes. This can be normal. If he is in significant pain then he may need re examined ...Read more
Not necessarily: This can often be due to an infection of the ear canal skin. This type of an infection is especially common in people who use q-tips or in other ways try to clean their years of wax. In general, wax is very important and people who remove it open up their ears for inflammation and infection. You need to see an ENT doctor and have him or her clean out your ear and treat you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i fly with a perforated eardrum?
- Can eardrum burst by blowing nose?
- What is burst eardrum?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i go swimming with a perforated eardrum?
- Can you swim with a staph infection?
- Can you swim with a corneal abrasion?
- Can i wear contacts with a burst eye vessel?
- Can i swim with a lisfranc fracture?