Doctor insights on:
Calories Burned Activity
A calorie is the amount of heat energy needed to increase a mililiter of water 1 degree centigrade, the calorie we talk about in foods is really a kilocalorie, that is the amount of energy needed to increase a liter of water 1 degree centigrade... So if you eat a food that is 500 calories that food if burned completely has enough energy to heat a liter of ...Read more
Not about calories: The "insanity" workout isn't about calories, but about conditioning your body with interval training. That said, the "calorie burn" depends on how much you weigh (bigger body = more). And it's named "insanity" for a reason, in that it's extremely intense and not for someone who is just starting back into exercise. It's a collection of dvd's you can do at home. 6 days/week, 30-60 min each. ...Read more
Depends: It depends on how intensely a person exercises and how long the exercise session lasts. Exercising vigorously, with heart rate at 80% of maximum, will give a good workout. High-intensity interval training also burns calories. But if you're not exercising regularly, work up to this kind of workout gradually. Especially if there are chronic medical conditions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I do: Not think so. Depends on intensity.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Activities that burn calories
- Activities that burn calories without walking
- What activities burn the most calories?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to burn calories at work related activities?
- Calories burned while on a balance board
- Activities and calories
- Calories burned while running with a stroller
- Number of calories burned in activities