Doctor insights on:
Calf Muscle Pain For No Reason
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
Hmmmm?: Lots of potential causes of calf pain including blood clots, muscle spasms, muscle tears or sprains, popliteal artery entrapment, dehydration, abnormal electrolytes, nerve injuries, exertional compartment syndrome, or even stress fractures. If it doesn't resolve with basic treatment of rest, ice, compression and elevation, you should probably get it checked. ...Read more
Many: Calf muscle pain can be caused by many different conditions besides claudication. To name an additional few: pinched nerve coming from the spine, muscle strain, nocturnal leg cramps, dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, blood clot. And others. Discuss with your md to evaluate further. ...Read more
Stretch: During a seizure a person can have very intense muscle contractions throughout their body. It can strain and exhaust the muscles. If your calves are sore you can try gently stretching them. If its very painful you can try some tylenol or massage some vic's or bengay into the sore areas. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Muscle pain for no reason
- Sudden sharp stabbing pain in eye for no reason left eye what is this
- Finger swelling and pain for no reason
- Why do i randomly have sharp pain in my wrists for no reason?
- Why is my left lower thigh muscle twitching for no reason?
- Sore calf muscles for no reason
- Why do i have pain in my toe joint for no reason and no trauma?
- Swollen calf muscle no pain
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free