Doctor insights on:
Calcium Channel Blockers And Calcium Supplements
Can you take calcium supplements for initial osteopenia with a heart disease that's usually treated also with calcium-channel blockers (but not mine)?
A dietary supplement, also known as food supplement or nutritional supplement, is a preparation intended to supplement the diet and provide nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, fatty acids, or amino acids, that may be missing or may not be consumed in sufficient quantities in a person's diet. Some countries define dietary supplements as foods, while ...Read more
Dear doc, is cod liver oil safe to take with:
1. bp meds (beta blockers, calcium channel blockers)
2. proton pump inhibitors &
3. VitD3 supplements?
Yes: It's fine to take with the blood pressure medications and the proton pump inhibitor. I would probably stop the vitamin D supplement as cod liver oil has vitamin A and D as the main vitamin sources. Vitamin D is one you can get in trouble with because it is fat soluble and can accumulate in your organs if you take too much. ...Read more
How long does it take for calcium channel blockers (diltiazem Tildiem) to work/get into your system before you feel the benefits?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Itchy red bumps on leg or arm
- Simple vs complex carb
- Obstructive cardiomyopathy stop playing sports
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Encephalitis lethargica treatment options
- Doctors for elderly
- Sport and health hours
- Center for rehabilitation
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free