Doctor insights on:
Bv Vs Yeast
White thick sour smelling discharge which comes and goes all the time- tested many times for BV and yeast- always negative- just 1 partner.
Used several OTC yeast products then went to drs and found it was bv. But after using wrong OTC meds for yeast the BV metroniazole isnt working?
Time: The medication for the BV should still work, but it can take a few days. You likely didn't do any harm to the vagina by using the otc anti-yeast, just postponed treating the bv. Sometimes there can be BV that's difficult to treat (not the typical gardeneralla vaginalis). If it doesn't get better soon, consider seeing doctor to get re-tested to see if BV still present. Good luck! ...Read more
I just had a vag culture taken and have yeast and bv. It seems I have had one or the other since the last week of february. What am i doing wrong?
Difference is that in bv, your discharge will smell badly, while in yeast it will have virtually no odors. Is this true?
Well....: That is generally true. But bacterial vaginosis is not the only reason for a malodorous discharge. If uncertain, it is important to see your physician. A sexually transmitted disease is also a possibility. ...Read more
I was taking Flagyl 2 weeks for BV now in the third week the BV is gone but I have yeast now why is that and what to do?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bv discharge vs yeast discharge
- Yeast infection vs bv vs trich
- Constant bv and yeast infections
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bv or yeast infection symptoms
- Bv or yeast infection test
- Chronic bv and yeast infections
- Bv and yeast infection together
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free