Doctor insights on:
Butane Gas Stove
I was going to fill a butane lighter and it was already full. It started spewing gas and now i feel very weird and a little nauseous. Am i ok?
Should be fine: The amount of inhaled butane you would have received from the spillage that would have occurred in the scenario you describe would not be a danger to your health. You should be ok. ...Read more
No butane. Only 20%: Of people produce methane. 99% of the gas volume does not smell. More recent evidence proves that the major contribution to the smell of flatus comes from a combination of volatile sulphur compounds (vsc). it is known that hydrogen sulphide (h2s), methyl mercaptan, mm (also known as methanethiol, mt), dimethyl sulphide (dms), dimethyl disulphide (dmds) and dimethyl trisulphide (dmts) are present and cause the smell.Those compounds are the one percent that cause the smell. Source: wikipedia. Best wishes. ...Read more
My stove was left on so i'm assuming that the gas was leaking out. Not sure for how long if i had co posing would I have known by now?
Headache: The most common symptom of co poisoning is headache. If you don't have one and are not pregnant then you likely have nothing to worry about. If it was just gas on without flame then that is natural gas, not co. If you have any suspicion of co exposure and are pregnant you should get your co level checked at an er because the fetus is more susceptible. ...Read more
Turned knob on stove , no flame . I was trying to turn on oven . touched incorrect thing. Dull smell of gas in kitchen only for 2 mins. What do we do?
Turn off stove/oven: If you smell gas & you know that you turned on stove/oven, turn it off & open some windows. As long as smell dissipates, you're probably fine. But if smell persists or intensifies, then you'd best get out of house & call utilities company. Check out http://abc7ny.com/archive/9465368/ for do's & don't's. ...Read more
I on the stove gas and forgot to off and has a smell for like one hour, will it destroy our insides and health?
Air out the house: If you're saying you left the gas stove on for an hour, thank your lucky stars no sparks or flames presented to ignite the natural gas. Just air out your house by opening windows and doors, and do not light any flames. I'd even turn my cell phone off for a while. There should be no long term contamination of your domicile. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Avoid this.: Most stoves burn natural gas (methane), but some burn propane. Breathing either kind of gas is unhealthy, because it lowers the amount of oxygen which is being inhaled. A few moments of exposure in a well-ventilated room is not an issue, but prolonged exposure (as you described) should be avoided. However, the symptoms are usually immediate, not delayed. ...Read more
I turned on the stove, & the pilot blew out. Didn't notice it for 2-3 minutes! could the gas that came out harm me because i breathed a lot close by?
No: The pilot light is only a little bit of gas, and 3 minutes is a short time. ...Read more
Probably not: Probably not.Get a more detailed answer ›
My kids suddenly developed headache dizziness low grade fever after accedintly leaving home pot on stove was burning for an hour. Did they inhale gas.
Possibly.: Depending on what burned, carbon monoxide and other toxic gases may have been produced. If this continues, see your doctor; if severe, go to emergency room. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Gas stove carbon monoxide
- Gas stove burner safety
- Gas stove left on pregnant
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Butane cooking
- Uses of butane
- Can you get carbon monoxide poisoning from a gas stove?
- The best butane lighters
- Butane stove safety