Doctor insights on:
Build Up Of Spinal Fluid After Brain Surgery
Chronic head & back pain 10 months after brain surgery (removed malformation causing epilepsy in the left temporal lobe) and spinal tap. Why?
Good question: If u are taking about a craniotomy where the skull was opened and put back, I'd suggest discussing it with your surgeon at your routine post-op visit. The answer will vary among docs and depending on the nature of the surgery, but at least six to eight weeks is a good assumption. Even then, you should start slowly & build over time, paying attention to what your body is telling u. Good Luck. ...Read more
Depends: 3 - 14 days in hospital.Get a more detailed answer ›
No: Underlying cognitive issues can be worsened following surgery, but to have new dementia following brain surgery would be unusual. Complications, such as stroke or infection, could lead to such problems. Consider what the surgery was for. Ruptured aneurysms in certain locations are one instance commonly associated with cognitive changes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How soon after brain surgery can you workout? Removed two meniginomas in the cerebellum. Two weeks out today.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Build up of spinal fluid in the brain
- Fluid build up after surgery
- Spinal fluid leak after brain surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Fluid build up after umbilical hernia surgery
- How to build up muscle in my lower leg after ankle surgery?
- What causes spinal fluid build up?
- Scar tissue build up after surgery
- Talk to a neurologist online