Doctor insights on:
Build Up Of Spinal Fluid After Brain Surgery
Chronic head & back pain 10 months after brain surgery (removed malformation causing epilepsy in the left temporal lobe) and spinal tap. Why?
I have to go in for brain surgery and i'm nervous. Is brain surgery safer now than it was from the past?
Yes: Being anxious before major surgery is quite common -- but you can talk with your neurosurgeon about any questions or concerns you have, please set aside the time to do this. Before signing permission for the procedures, you should be given opportunity for such a discussion. Be well. ...Read more
Not Recomended: If you are asking about the intake of alcoholic beverages, the answer is generally no. Patients may be at increased risk for seizure around the time of brain surgery. Alcohol lowers the seizure threshold and may contribute to a post-operative seizure. Consult your doctor about your risk for seizure and a reasonable plan to enjoy a small amount of alcoholic beverages after surgical recovery. ...Read more
A space filled with: Cerebral spinal fluid.Get a more detailed answer ›
Your: Who is the "your" in this question, the patient or the doctor. ...Read more
More information: is needed. First discuss this with the surgeon. Write back with more information. (Type of brain surgery, timing of events, attempts to cry, etc ? ) Hopefully things will work out just fine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Build up of spinal fluid in the brain
- Fluid build up after surgery
- Fluid build up after umbilical hernia surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Spinal fluid leak after brain surgery
- Post surgery fluid build up
- What causes spinal fluid build up?
- Spinal fluid leak after surgery
- Talk to a neurologist online