Doctor insights on:
Bubonic Plague Ring Around The Rosie
Thankfully, not sure: Best description I ever read was http://tinyurl.Com/4gvjk nobody I know has ever seen a "the plague" and historians argue whether we really know what caused the 14th century epidemic. We are taught it was caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis. There is no proof, but good circumstantial evidence. Some argue modern Yersinia disease is different, but it probably evolved/mutated over 700+ years. ...Read more
Yes and no: It will come through again and cause widespread mortality if and only if there is a massive collapse in society (i.e., a nuclear war) and people are once again foolish enough to stop keeping cats. You won't meet pneumonic or septicemic disease in today's world and if you meet the bubonic form from a woodchuck's fleas, you'll be sick in time for shotgun antibiotics to cure you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is a black ring around the neck a sign of diabetes?
- White ring around the mouth
- Pain around the joint between ring finger and pinkie and palm carpal tunnel
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Red ring around the mouth
- What does a white ring around the mouth mean?
- Does the bubonic plague still exist?
- What is the difference between the pneumonic plague and bubonic plague?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online