Doctor insights on:
Is bronchial pneumonia contagious? My oldest son has had it for 5 days. Started abx yesterday. Will my other kids get it? Incubation period?
See below: 2 types of bronchial pneumonia: bacterial (you started your son on an antibiotic) and viral (no antibiotics and runs it course over time). Most will say it is no longer contagious when fever goes away. I will say good hand hygiene and not sharing saliva will decrease chances of transmission. Incubation period varies: 1-3 days-even as long as 7-10 days (depends on age and health/immune system). ...Read more
Please see below.: If you've seen your doc & been diagnosed with bronchopneumonia, you should have received a prescription for antibiotics. Take the medicine as prescribed -- don't skip doses!also, make sure you stay well hydrated & get a lot of rest. Usually, your doctor will want to see you in a few weeks to ensure that the infection is gone. Most have no long term problems once the infection clears. Feel better! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cough and fever: Broncho-pneumonia is an infection of the lungs. Also called pneumnonia. Most present with cough, fever, and fatigue. Some also have chest or stomach pain. Often your doctor can diagnose pneumonia by examning you. Sometimes a chest xray is needed. Pneumonia can be caused by many different types of germs; your doctor will pick a treatment specific to your situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Do I need to report bronchopneumonia as a long-term health condition, or does it go away after being treated?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is smiling contagious?
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- Are cold sores contagious when scabbed?
- How long does scabies remain contagious after treatment?
- Is bronchial pneumonia contagious?
- Talk to a pediatrician online