Doctor insights on:
Bronchiolitis From Strep Bacteria
Bacteria: If you are referring to the organism causing strep throat and other more serious infections, it can remain in the back of the throat for very long time periods without producing disease. In fact, you may never become sick from it without there being some predisposing factor like an acute viral infection. ...Read more
How early can the rapid strep test detect the bacteria? Can it be done to soon and show a false neg result?
Bronchitis: Acute bronchitis is caused by viruses in >95% of cases. The remainder are predominantly bordetella pertussis (cause of whooping cough). It would be rare for strep pyogenes to be involved, but there may be some cases of exacerbations of chronic bronchitis in which they may be involved. ...Read more
Depends on the disea: If your concern is strep b exposure around delivery the venerable period is past. We usually see issues arise in an early <1wk or late (2-4wk) pattern with this germ. Every day further from delivery without a problem means its rarely if ever seen. If you are concerned about strep a, that throat germ is not as quick or deadly & often produces only a cloudy nasal discharge at that age. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you lose your voice from strep throat?
- How long does it take to recover from strep throat?
- Rash between buttocks from sweating does it mean bacteria are there
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get impetigo from strep throat?
- Can u get a rash from strep throat?
- Can my baby get rsv from someone who has strep throat?
- Strep bacteria causing stuttering behavior change problems with vision
- Talk to a pediatrician online