Doctor insights on:
Broken Rib Coughing
Taking meloxicam for a possible broken rib from coughing. Cough is mostly better now. 2+ hrs after pill, no pain relief whatsoever. What should I do?
Iv had chesty cough for five weeks pain in chest and breast i had a chest xray bout 8 weeks ago for broken rib and lungs wwrw fine should I be worried?
Rest: Rib injuries are pretty common in karate and MMA. Initially you may want to ice the sore ribs for 20 min at a time the first 3 days - most important time is right after the injury to limit swelling and bleeding. After that, it just takes time. We no longer recommend wrapping the chest with compression wraps because it will prevent you from taking full breaths and increase your risk of pneumonia ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Xray: The only way to know if your rib is truly broken is with an xray. This simple diagnostic test creates a picture of the rib cage which your physician can use to evaluate your pain. Sometimes it can be hard to see a fracture on xray. Typically these breaks take up to 6 weeks to heal. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Broken ribs and coughing
- Pain under left rib cage when i cough
- Coughing so hard ribs hurt
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pain under right rib cage coughing
- Ribs hurt when cough
- Torn rib muscle from coughing
- Sharp pain in ribs from coughing
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free