Doctor insights on:
Rest: Rib injuries are pretty common in karate and MMA. Initially you may want to ice the sore ribs for 20 min at a time the first 3 days - most important time is right after the injury to limit swelling and bleeding. After that, it just takes time. We no longer recommend wrapping the chest with compression wraps because it will prevent you from taking full breaths and increase your risk of pneumonia ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Xray: The only way to know if your rib is truly broken is with an xray. This simple diagnostic test creates a picture of the rib cage which your physician can use to evaluate your pain. Sometimes it can be hard to see a fracture on xray. Typically these breaks take up to 6 weeks to heal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Broken floating rib symptoms
- Can a broken rib cause back pain?
- Lung cancer broken rib
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Signs symptoms bruised broken rib
- Broken capillaries on ribs
- Can a broken rib puncture a lung?
- Is it necessary to go to er for a possible broken rib?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free