Doctor insights on:
Broken Neck Full Recovery Period
A neck fracture is a serious condition in which there is a break in one of more bones of the neck (vertebrae). A neck fracture may result in the inability to move and potentially death, so help should be called for immediately. Only competent health personnel should move a person with ...Read more
Yes: A broken neck is really a fracture of one or vertebra of the cervical spine. Once it is stabilized by surgery or allowed to heal on its on, if there is no damage to the esophagus or the controlling nerves of deglutition the person will be able to eat any food of choice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unlikely unless : There is an underlying problem creating a weakness of the bone like parathyroid or thyroid issues, kidney issues, an underlying tumor in the bone, dietary issues or malabsorption problems to name a few. If otherwise healthy, there should be no issues with typical exercise routines. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
This is dependent on: A number of factors including the age and health of the patient, the type and extent of the injury and how that injury was treated. The healing process can range from 6 weeks for simple spinous process avulsion fractures to several months for a type 2 odontoid fracture treated non operatively in an elderly person with a risk of it not healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Recovery time broken neck
- How long is recovery after a full leg cast for a broken foot?
- What is the longest recovery period for a broken bone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Broken neck recovery
- Broken ankle recovery period
- Full hysterectomy recovery period
- Can you make a full recovery from trimalleolar ankle fracture with dislocation?
- Talk to a neurologist online