Doctor insights on:
Broken Leg Activities
Ask your doctor!: A leg fracture is a serious injury. You need to seek medical attention from an orthopedic surgeon. He or she will advise you regarding what exercises you can do. Having said that, the most important strengthening you can do is core strengthening. That is non weight bearing and can be done safely while recovering from your injury. Heal well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Let it rest: Let it rest - get a cast or a boot if recommended. There is nothing else that you need to do immediately. You may need to go to pt once the immobilizaiton is off or you may help the part of the affected limb by doing some exercises to help preserve its functionality, but this will not necessarily affect the healing process of the fracture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fracture Dependant: It depends on the bone that is fractured, the site of the fracture, and the pattern on the fracture. Treatment can range pain medication and crutches with limited weight bearing, to a brace or case, or to surgery with internal or external fixation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Broken blood vessel in leg
- How can you have sex with a broken leg?
- How long will it take to heal a broken leg?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Broken blood vessel in leg symptoms
- Do broken bones in the leg grow back stronger after they are break?
- How long is recovery after a full leg cast for a broken foot?
- Broken leg
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free