Doctor insights on:
About 3 months: When you say "knee", that could be many types of fractures. If it is a tibial plateau fracture (a fracture of the top part of the tibia), those fractures generally heal in about three months. The healing time can be affected by the health of the patient (smokers and diabetics tend to heal more slowly). Also, the severity of the fracture can impact the healing time. 10-12 weeks is a good estimate. ...Read more
I've got a broken knee more that 3 months ago' i took 15 sessions of physicaltherapy. But still I'm still in pain, and still it doesn't bend well.
See a doctor: First, if you have a "broken" or fractured knee cap, then you should be under the care of an orthopaedic surgeon and asking your doctor is the right thing to do. Having said that, rest, ice, and a knee immobilizer can be helpful. Also, over the counter medications such as tylenol, (acetaminophen) advil or aleve can all provide some pain relief. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Home physical therapy broken knee
- Broken blood vessel behind knee
- Knee pain after broken ankle
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Yoga with a broken knee
- Why is my foot swollen broken knee?
- How could i know if my knee is broken?
- Can you walk with a broken knee cap?
- Broken knee cap symptoms