Doctor insights on:
Broken Finger Is Red And Painful
No: The changes in the skin from bruising and swelling would only be in the finger. ...Read more
Depends on break: Very much depends on the details. At its most basic all fractures need to have the pieces in the right place (so-called reduction, if they are out of place) and then held in place (so-called fixation) reduction can mean anything from leaving the fracture as is to closed manipulation to open surgery. As to fixation this can be anything from a splint to cast to plating, pins and screws. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, multiple ways: Depending on the timing to present to a doctor, most fractures can be set by manipulation within 7-10 days. If longer than that time, or if inadequately reducible (set), surgery may be required to move interfering soft tissue and secure by casting, pinning, screws and possibly plates. The less severe or the more rigidly fixed, can be "moved" earlier, which may avoid stiffness later after healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Proper immobilizatio: N, gentle elvation, ice, anti-inflammatory medicati that one ca take safely regularly, all go a long ay to decrease pain form a painful finger. Care to make sure that circulation and nerve function ar not compromised and if there as an open wound that was treated woth the fracturem that infection is not occurring. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Red and swollen broken finger
- Painful red bumps on finger
- Red painful bumps on fingers
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Small red painful bumps on fingers
- Painful red bumps under skin on fingers
- Is a broken collar bone painful?
- What are the signs of a broken finger?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free