Doctor insights on:
Broken Blood Vessel In Eye
When do I need to see a doctor for broken blood vessels in eye? I had this happen a month ago and today it happened again. I saw dr. last time and he said it would go away on its own and it did.
Time will heal: Think of this as a very visible "bruise" which will slowly, usually in a week, change color and fade away. If especially large, it can resemble a blood blister and become raised. It can also migrate across the surface of the eye since there is little under the clear membrane to keep it localized. In some people , if it's large, I have seen it creep into the lower lid skin with gravity. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
In or on surface?: If it is on the surface (you can see it in the mirror) it is most likely not a problem. Occasionally blood vessels break on the surface (called sub-conjunctival hemorrhage) and looks bad, but will resolve on its own. There should not be any pain or vision changes it this occurs. If this happens mutiple times, see and ophthalmologist (there may be undelying cause). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Treatment for broken blood vessels in the eye
- Remedy for broken blood vessel in eye
- Broken blood vessels in eye heal
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Broken blood vessel in eye treatment
- Broken blood vessel around eye
- Are broken blood vessels in the eye dangerous?
- Causes of broken blood vessel in eye
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free