Doctor insights on:
Briefly Explain The Seven Natural Therapies For Refractive Error
Depends on the cause: There are several ways to treat vision problems related to refractive errors (need for prescription correction). The easiest is to wear glasses. Contact lenses can decrease your need for glasses, but must be cared for regularly in order to prevent infections. Laser vision correction and lens replacement surgery are alternatives that can provide lasting glasses-free vision but are costlier. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: Refractive error limits for pilots vary by branch of service and probably also by country. In the us air force, a small amount of refractive error is permissible as long as the vision is correctable to 20/20 in each eye. For specifics, visit the medical standards website for your desired branch of service and career field. ...Read more
It depends: If the difference is small, the brain can usually fuse the two images, especially with the help of glasses. When it becomes very large (anisometropia), it becomes more difficult to fuse and can result in amblyopia. Contact lenses tend to be better tolerated in people with large differences than glasses. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Refractive error
- Is there a special diet for refractive errors?
- What are the different types of refractive errors?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Explain briefly about retinal artery occlusion
- Can you briefly explain about keratitis?
- Can eye exercises prevent or correct refractive errors?
- Can i use my prescription glasses to find my refractive error strength?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free