Doctor insights on:
Briefly Explain The Seven Natural Therapies For Refractive Error
Depends on the cause: There are several ways to treat vision problems related to refractive errors (need for prescription correction). The easiest is to wear glasses. Contact lenses can decrease your need for glasses, but must be cared for regularly in order to prevent infections. Laser vision correction and lens replacement surgery are alternatives that can provide lasting glasses-free vision but are costlier. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: There are four types of refractive error which may occur singly or in combination: hyperopia (cannot see close), myopia (cannot see far), astigmatism (blurring at all ranges), presbyopia (inability to focus). Each of these are tested for by your ophthalmologist and glasses may be prescribed to optimize vision. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Or consider surgery: Depending on how much and what type of refractive error, glasses and contacts are good options, or you could consider surgery. Modern techniques allow correction of almost any type of refractive error, including myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism. More info at http://www.2020vision.Com/refractive_error.Html and www.2020vision.Com/procedures_lasik.Html. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the best therapies for a knee click when walking up stairs?
- What is the margin of error for due dates based on early ultrasound?
- What foods are a natural steroid for the body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best natural treatment for hyponatremia?
- Is it normal to bleed longer than 7 day for the 1st period after an abortion?
- What is a natural remedy for an itchy eye allergy in a 7 year old girl?
- What are some physical therapy exercises for the deltoid?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free