Doctor insights on:
Brie Cheese During Pregnancy
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Yes: Any pasteurized milk cheese is ok. American cheese almost always falls into that category. Check the label. ...Read more
No: There are different types of blue cheeses, but in general there is a risk of contracting listeriosis from most blue cheeses. It is easiest just to avoid all of these types during pregnancy. Here is a reference: http://www.Babycentre.Co.Uk/x3175/is-it-safe-to-eat-cheese-during-pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pasteurized?: If the cheese is pasteurized, then it doesn't matter what form the cheese is in, the key question is pasteurization. Check the label and if it is, you should be okay. Best of luck. ...Read more
Weight gain : Sounds delicious. Just watch the calories. It's not dangerous to the baby to eat dessert on occasion. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to cut brie cheese?
- Gruyere cheese during pregnancy
- Cheese spread during pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Safe cheeses during pregnancy
- Cream cheese safe during pregnancy
- Is swiss cheese safe during pregnancy?
- What cheeses are safe during pregnancy?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online