Doctor insights on:
Brand Name For Sulfasalazine
Yes, sometimes: Up until the 80's we only had sulasalazine for uc. The main problems were headace and some rqshes usually due to the sulfapyridine moiety. Pure Mesalamine drugs such as asacol, lialda, Balsalazide and others do not contain the sulapyridine part and therefore don't have as many problems with the drug. However sulfasalazine is still cheap and useful and should not be ignored. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: Sulfasalazine has a half life of 7.6 hr on avg. It's a short acting medication which is why it requires every 6-12 hour dosing. A drug is cleared from system entirely after 10 half lives so the drug should theoretically be cleared in 76 hrs or a little over 3 days. The metabolite of sulfasalazine, sulfapyridine has a half life of 10.4-14.8 h so it's cleared in 148 hrs from system ...Read more
No.relatively safe!: Sfz is one drug I use the most in patients with many diseases. Aside from an occasional "sulfa rxn", the most common side effect is stomach "queazyness". All individuals taking this drug need to be monitored with blood work at defined intervals (2-3 mo) and they should receive Folic Acid supplements. ...Read more
Can you tell me if on taking these with my colitis medication which I take daily i.e. sulfasalazine?
See details: You question makes no sense. Try resubmitting it. ...Read more
Does taking methotrexate and sulfasalazine cause you to get sick more often and for a longer duration?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is generic oxycontin a reliable substitute for the brand name drug?
- List of generic substitutes for brand name drugs
- Brand name for morphine sulfate
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Brand name for calcium carbonate
- Brand name for loratadine
- Brand name for nifedipine
- Brand name for lansoprazole
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free