Doctor insights on:
Brain Parts And Functions Chart
I think I have the neurological disorder where two parts of my brain function as one. What is this called?
Not sure: It is difficult for me, now, to think of what you're thinking about? I have heard of people not having a certain structure in their brain, called the corpus collosum, which runs in the middle of the brain and connects the two sides which are called hemispheres. Could that possibly be to what you are refering? ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My husband damaged all four parts of his brain in car wreck. Can he recover more and more over time?
Neuroanatomy: Sound waves are transduced by the inner ear mechanism into a neural impulse in the auditory nerve, which then sends information to the brainstem, thalamus, and, ultimately, the auditory cortex for processing. In the eye, the retina transduces light into a neural impulse, and the optic nerve transmits this information to the thalamus and then to the visual cortex of the brain for processing. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Is it normal for a baby to have hydrocephalus but the fluid is not constant? And the fluid fill parts of the brain that didn't develop?
Could happen: Not all hydrocephalus is from obstruction. In cases where a part of the brain failed to develop there will be fluid where brain tissue should have been. This is called porencephalic ventricular dilatation. The degree of dilatation may vary depending on body position. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Human brain with parts and functions
- Parts of lymphatic system and its function
- Integumentary system parts and function
- Different parts of the heart and their functions
- Brain structures and functions worksheet
- What are the parts of the respiratory system and their function?
- Parts of the tongue and its function
- Parts of lungs and their functions
- Talk to a neurologist online