Doctor insights on:
Braces And Cavities
Hi I have 2 cavitys I need filled but I also have to get braces could I get my braces first then get my cavitys filled
It would be easier on me?
Does getting braces lead to getting more cavities? Our daughter has had braces for a few months now, and though she cleans as the orthodontist says, it just seems to me like she's having a difficult time keeping her teeth as clean as normal. Is there anyt
Not really: It's up to you. Braces don't make cavities, but: 1. If you do not clean well around the braces food & bacteria will get trapped, especially between the braces and the gum line, and can make cavities, and 2. If you eat hard, sticky, chewy foods you can partially dislodge braces, allowing bacteria & food to get behind the braces resulting in cavities. So fully follow your orthodontists advice. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Cavities under brace: Yes cavities will form under, around and besides braces. You must clean your mouth after every time you eat anything. So plan your meals and snacks accordingly. A an aside most people with braces become fitter and trimmer as they refrain from over snacking and eat food that stick less to their braces like fruits and vegetables. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Braces and loose teeth
- Can braces and retainers fix an asymmetrical jaw problem?
- Braces before and after overbite
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Braces before and after crossbite
- Underbite braces before and after
- I have braces and my teeth are yellow
- Can you still get braces if you have cavities?
- Talk to a dentist online for free