Doctor insights on:
Bowel Movements After Surgery How Long
My gall bladder surgery was two weeks ago. I have days of regular bowel movements and days of urgent diarrhea 1 hour after meal. How long will it last?
I've had surgery for a polyp & fissure about a week ago and I still have painful bowel movements. How long before it stops hurting to have a movement?
My IUD moved through my wall&near my intestins &no other problems im peeing fine, normal bowel movements&how long with surgery&how long to recover?
Discuss with the Dr.: Your doctor would be the best person to answer these questions. It's hard to say what the details of your surgery would be, since different doctors may approach it differently. If the iud can be easily located and removed with small incisions, then one would expect the recovery to be fairly quick and simple. If the doctor has to do a bigger incision to get to the iud, then recovery may be longer. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
How long do you have pain urinating and pain with bowel movement after a total hysterectomy surgery?
Depends: In general it should not be painful to urinate or have a bowel movement. Of course pain is relative to the individual having the pain. It is common to have bladder and bowel symptoms especially cramping with urination and constipation. If prolonged or true burning with urination or severely increasing abdominal pain or fever, call your doctor. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
It depends: The return of bowel function varies widely based upon the type of surgery performed. Bowel function may return long before bowel movements occur. Passing gas is generally the first sign of bowel function. There are many factors which may affect the time before the first bowel movement. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes: Majority of the time you will be able to have bowel movements after colostomy. Rarely their might be a surgical issue that may decrease your bowel movements due to nerve impairment. It is also common to have some constipation after surgery due to anesthesia. If you do have constipation for a long time after surgery, consult your physician to get to the underlying cause. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long for bowel movement after surgery?
- How long will a knee be swollen after acl and meniscus surgery typically?
- How long after open heart surgery does it take the sternum to heal completely?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should you wait to have sex after kidney stone surgery?
- Generally how long should i wait after my hernia surgery before exercise
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- How long after open carpal tunnel surgery is your typically hand swollen?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online