Doctor insights on:
Bowel Movement After Colonoscopy
By now it should be: Let nature take its own time which is anytime about 3 to 5 days. By now it must be all fine. ...Read more
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
Depends: Usually in 1-2 days.Get a more detailed answer ›
I've had rectal bleeding for over a year now. The bleeding is frequent, usually every day when I have a bowel movement. After a colonoscopy last summe?
A day or two: Depending on when you start eating again. Flatus is gas. ...Read more
No: The "transit time" for a normal person's colon (time it takes stool to get from the beginning to the end of the colon) varies from one to several days. Therefore, after you've done a bowel preparation prior to your colonoscopy, and the colon is empty, it may take a few days for stool to make it around to the rectum. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've taken 300ml of citromag (a purgative used before a colonoscopy) 4 hours ago and still haven't produced a bowel movement. Is this normal?
Might need more time: Drink a full glass of water every hour. Wait a little longer. If still not working, contact your doctor for instructions. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bowel movement after colonoscopy procedure
- After a colonoscopy when bowel movement
- Normal bowel movement after colonoscopy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after a colonoscopy before a bowel movement?
- How long after colonoscopy for normal bowel movement?
- How long after colonoscopy for bowel movement?
- Colonoscopy clear bowel movement
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online