Doctor insights on:
Bone Fracture Repair
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
No: Hyaline cartilage has a very limited ability to heal. There are hosts of scientists looking at how to enhance its healing potential. However, there are no good ways to do it currently. If a fracture that enters a joint also damaged the hyaline cartilage, the best that can be done is to get the joint fracture repaired as anatomically as possible. ...Read more
Not really: A fracture will take a certain amount of time to heal depending on the type and location if you are a healthy individual, there is not much you can really do to make it heal faster if you have some medical or electrolyte or vitamin deficiencies, you might benefit from having those corrected first. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Open repair of frontal bone facial fracture
- Open repair of hyoid bone fracture upper neck bone
- Open surgical repair of wrist bone fracture
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell difference between fractured knee cap and bruised bone?
- Is there a way to tell if i have fractured a bone in my hand?
- Avulsion fracture cuboid bone
- How long does a fractured bone on the hand take to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free