Doctor insights on:
Body Functions Of Simple Carbohydrates
Eating: There is no simple answer to this question. It varies and is a complex issue based upon what else one is eating, what diseases one has; if one is on medication, etc. I would be interested what prompts the question. There seems to be little real life use for this information since it will change every day in each human. ...Read more
Replace tissue&Energ: Have U seen dead animal after 2days? UR Stomach lining(which exposd to acid&dig-enzymes) is replaced every 2wks. UR Heart Mscle is replaced every 4-6 mnths Individuals who shed skin cells faster than can replace have Psoriasis, Excema Carbs mainly for energy, but also form backbones of some proteins. 18 inch baby become 6'4", cells did not get bigger, all replaced&more added hundreds of times ...Read more
If someone doesn't get any Fat in their diet, would the body still be able to get enough fat to survive from just converting Carbohydrates?
Essential nutrients: Hi. Simple answer - no. There are essential nutrients that we MUST get from our diet because the human body can't make its own. Such things include (but are NOT limited to!): essential fatty acids, essential amino acids, vitamin C, vitamin B12, and on and on. If you get zero fat, you WILL be essential fatty acid deficient. Healthy diet! No fad diets! ...Read more
If a person's diet does not provide enough carbohydrates, how will the body meet its need for energy?
If the diet provides more carbohydrate than the body requires, does the excess energy goes into long-term storage?
Yes, FAT!: If you eat more than you need your body stores the excess as fat, whether you are eating more carbs, protein or fat. Your body has limited glycogen stores that it will quickly replace but fat is the body's way to provide for times of famine. Best to eat what you need, or increase your exercise to increase what your body needs! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Three functions that carbohydrates perform in the bodies of living organisms
- What are the three important functions of carbohydrates in the body?
- What are the functions of fiber and lipids in the body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Calculating the number of complex carbohydrates and simple carbohydrates
- What are two advantages of fat over carbohydrates for fuel storage in the body?
- How does the amount of energy stored in carbohydrates compare to that stored as body fat?
- Two functions of nutrients in your body
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free