Doctor insights on:
Bmi And Body Fat Calculator
What are BMI calculators don't calculate muscle mass and bone mass in addition to body fat do they?
Body mass index is also known as BMI. Body mass index (BMI) is a measurement based on a person's height and weight, to decide if a person is too heavy or too light for his height. The index is a number that can be in the underweight range, normal range, overweight range, or obese range. Children use different number ranges than adults do, ...Read more
Here's one: http://www.bmicalculatorforfemales.us/.Get a more detailed answer ›
All should be OK: If you enter your correct height and weight into any bmi calculator, the results should be correct. The exact meaning of a particular bmi might be open to interpretation as someone who is very muscular and has only 4% body fat might have a higher bmi than a couch potato who has love handles. For most of us, the bmi is a good indicator of appropriate weight versus overweight. ...Read more
For studies: In order to study obesity, one has to have a definition of what it means to be obese. You can't simply use weight, as 200 lb might be obese for some people but would be a thin person if their height was 6 ft 8 in. Bmi takes into account height and weight. A bmi over 30 is considered obese. ...Read more
Im a 26 yr old female standing 5'2" how much should I weigh? All the BMI calculators say something different!
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Difference between bmi and body fat percentage
- Bmi and body fat percentage chart
- Body fat and muscle mass calculator
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between bmi and body fat?
- Bmi and body fat percentage difference
- Bmi and body fat percentage the same
- Losing upper body fat and decreasing breast size
- Talk to a bariatrician online for free