Doctor insights on:
Low oxygen level: Bluish discoloration of the skin or lips is called cyanosis, and is generally caused by a low oxygen level or vasoconstriction. Typical causes are lung disorders, or particular types of heart defects or congestive heart failure. Extreme cold can cause vessel constriction leading to cyanosis. If the condition persists, see your doctor. ...Read more
Possibly: This is one of those problems where a visit to your doctor is necessary to figure out what's going on. Only after a thorough evaluation, including examination and possibly labs and other tests, can your doctor correctly diagnose you and treat you effectively. ...Read more
See your doctor: Symptoms and concerns like these mandate a thorough evaluation by your doctor. Only after such an evaluation, which may include labs and radiographic examinations, can he/she let you know what's going on and how best to help you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if a newborn lips are purple or blue?
- Blue bump on lip
- Why are my lips blue or purple?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of blue lips in adults
- My lips are turning blue at the slightest bit of cold winter air
- Why do your lips turn blue?
- Blue lips
- Blue spots on lips