Doctor insights on:
Bloodshot Left Eye
I think I have bloodshot on my left eye at the top of my eye cover by my eyelid, any serious? No pain, hurt or swollen. Will it go away? Any medicine?
Bleed: This is a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage. As long as the vision is unchanged and there is no pain, everything should be fine. If it is a little irritated, then you can use an artificial tear up to 4 times a day to lubricate. This is due to a blood vessel leaking blood and is usually without cause. Sometimes straining or blood thinner can cause this. If it continues to happen, follow up with eye md. ...Read more
Add picture: Load a picture. It may help with your question. ...Read more
Why specifically is my left eye bloodshot the day after drinking alcohol but the right eye seems ok?
Red eye: That is the way you are. Due to flushing (vasodilation) to subconjunctival blood vessel. Use refresh tears (over the counter). Won't worry if no issues with vision. Maybe you wink too much with left eye when having a few drink. ...Read more
Unrelated: That would not be related to the surgery. Have an exam with your surgeon. ...Read more
Left eye tenses up when trying to sleep. Happens few times a week. When I wake up, it is bloodshot. won't relax and happens at random at night. Help?
Eye: Problems such as this could be due to eye muscle problems, or chemical imbalances or deficiencies. You should see you primary care physician or an ophthalmologist for further evaluation ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bloodshot left eye causes
- Sudden sharp stabbing pain in eye for no reason left eye what is this
- Left eye twitching and headaches
- Causes of left eye pressure and left ear pain
- Pain behind left eye and temple
- Left eye blinking for men
- My left eye keeps twitching what does it mean
- How long does a bloodshot eye take to get better?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free