Doctor insights on:
Causes Of A Burst Blood Vessel In The Eye
Several things: High blood pressure and trauma are among the more common causes of a burst blood vessel in the eye. This can be brought on by something as benign as a sneeze or a cough although heavy lifting and vomiting can also play a role. Chronic high blood pressure can predispose you to this as can blood-thinning medications such as Aspirin and Coumadin and certain herbal supplements such as ginkgo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What causes burst blood vessel in eye? I have one now, it's in the corner of my left eye. Why does it happen?
It's OK: You can have a capillary burst in the lining of the eye causing a red splotch that can be pretty dramatic. As long as the blood does not cross over the colored part of the eye (iris) it is not dangerous and will go away on its own within a week or so. If you have pain, decreased vision or the blood crosses over the iris, then see the ER. ...Read more
Yes, gently.: If you are taking blood thinner medication and are getting frequent blood- shot eyes and black and blue marks on your body, be sure to inform your physician. Gentle exersize (not high impact or strenuous weight lifting) is usually possible. ...Read more
Should be fine.: Trauma around the eye will often times cause a "black eye" which is a result of a vein in the area rupturing and bleeding into the surrounding tissue. Over a week or so this will resolve. Bleeding into the white part of the eye can also occur with trauma and many other factors. This too should resolve over one to two weeks. However, it would be wise to see an eye doctor for this area. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is blood vessel burst in eye generally caused by poor circulation?
- Burst blood vessel in eye causes
- Cause of burst blood vessel in eye
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause blood vessels in the eye to burst?
- Cause of blood vessel bursting in eye
- Causes of burst blood vessels in the eyes
- What cause blood vessels to burst in the eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free