Doctor insights on:
Causes Of A Burst Blood Vessel In The Eye
Several things: High blood pressure and trauma are among the more common causes of a burst blood vessel in the eye. This can be brought on by something as benign as a sneeze or a cough although heavy lifting and vomiting can also play a role. Chronic high blood pressure can predispose you to this as can blood-thinning medications such as Aspirin and Coumadin (warfarin) and certain herbal supplements such as ginkgo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What causes burst blood vessel in eye? I have one now, it's in the corner of my left eye. Why does it happen?
Yes, gently.: If you are taking blood thinner medication and are getting frequent blood- shot eyes and black and blue marks on your body, be sure to inform your physician. Gentle exersize (not high impact or strenuous weight lifting) is usually possible. ...Read more
Should be fine.: Trauma around the eye will often times cause a "black eye" which is a result of a vein in the area rupturing and bleeding into the surrounding tissue. Over a week or so this will resolve. Bleeding into the white part of the eye can also occur with trauma and many other factors. This too should resolve over one to two weeks. However, it would be wise to see an eye doctor for this area. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cause of burst blood vessel in eye
- Burst blood vessel in eye causes
- Burst blood vessel under eye causes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of burst blood vessels in the eyes
- What can cause blood vessels in the eye to burst?
- What causes burst blood vessels in the eye?
- What can cause a blood vessel to burst in eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free