Doctor insights on:
Blood Type And Celiac Disease
Can sickle cell trait have an impact on other health conditions such as type 1 diabetes, neuropathy, high blood pressure, celiac disease, or asthma?
Celiac is an allergy: Celiac disease is gluten allergy, a strong allergic reaction to gluten (a protein in grains such as wheat, barley, malted barley, rye, spelt, etc...). Gluten intolerance is not an allergic reaction, but an intolerance of gluten that leads to tummy symptoms such as gassiness, bloating, loose stools, etc... Gluten intolerance does not cause damage to the intestinal lining like celiac disease does. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need specific test: You need to be testing for graves disease - there is no shotgun test for all autoimmune disorders. ...Read more
No: Separate issues.Get a more detailed answer ›
If I have an elevated transglutaminase iga, hypothyroidism, and a mother with celiac disease. Is the likelihood that I have celiac disease.?
Yes, but ...: While your database is highly suggestive of a person at risk for celiac disease, the diagnosis still hinges on a diagnostic small bowel biopsy. Once the diagnosis is secure, a gluten-free diet should then result in a drop in tissue transglutaminase titer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is likely hood of patient with undiagnosed inflammatory bowel disease to have normal blood tests levels ?
Depends on disease: activity. A person with quiescent disease is likely to have normal blood test results for the routine tests. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Blood work for celiac disease
- What is the blood test for celiac disease?
- Celiac disease panel blood test
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can celiac disease be diagnosed with a blood test?
- Does celiac disease cause blood in stool?
- Can blood tests check for celiac disease?
- Which are the normal blood levels labs for celiac disease
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online