Doctor insights on:
If your friend whith type o+ blood needs a blood transfusion, can your type a+ blood be given safely to him?
It deoends: It depends what you need for? For example some people need it because they are bleeding from some were, if the bleeding continues they have to give blood transfusion tell the bleeding stop and your blood level get high enough to support your system. That could one time or 10 times. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need of blood : Blood transfusions are required when a patient's body can't maintain adequate oxygenation for tissues due to decreased red blood cells. Usually if hemoglobin levels are below 6 g/dl and there are symptoms of anemia or active bleeding, a transfusion maybe required in order to save his or her life. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If i gave blood then got in an accident and needed a blood transfusion, could they give me my own blood back?
No: Chances are that your blood was already used. For you to get your own blood back as a transfusion, you probably would have had to stipulate a direct donation to yourself. ...Read more
Should have none: Your transfusion experience should be relatively painless; with most of the discomfort from getting an intravenous line put into your arm. You should have no other sensations such as the feeling of hot, cold, etc. ...Read more
65 death in 2012: Acute reactions include: hemolytic;febrile, non-hemolytic;bacterial contamination;allergic / anaphylaxis; ransfusion-related acute lung injury (trali) transfusion-associated circulatory overload (taco) chronic reactions include: hemolytic; transfusion associated graft vs. Host disease (ta-gvhd);platelet refractoriness;post transfusion purpura;infectious disease;iron overload. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for hemoglobin level to drop again 2 weeks after blood transfusion?
- Blood transfusion recovery time
- Can you get herpes from a blood transfusion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Nursing diagnosis for blood transfusion
- Need for blood transfusion for stage four lung cancer
- How does a body reject a blood transfusion?
- Iron infusion vs blood transfusion
- Talk to a hematologist online for free